In groups or alone create your own future tech scenario. What is your vision of the future?
…The year is 2050…
Envision yourself in the future… what does the world look like? Where are you? Who are you? How do you communicate? What are your possibilities? Why has the world evolved like that? Who governs it? What currency do you use? What role does technology play in your lives? Have robots taken over?
Humanity 2.0. Smarter, fitter, better? You are not alone there. How will you interact with the other group members who are there as well? How will your group interact with technology in your future? What does the development of technology mean for our sense of safety and our human condition as a whole?
Pagina-eindeChallenges & Rich Picture –> USE A-3!
In 30 years, what might be on the world’s agenda to solve?
CHOOSE & HIGHLIGHT YOUR OWN GRAND CHALLENGE TO FACE BY 2050:
- GENETIC MODIFICATION OF HUMANS
- A MORE AGED POPULATION THAN EVER BEFORE
- LOST CITIES
- THE EVOLUTION OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- NEW GEOPOLITICAL TENSIONS
- SAFE (CAR) TRAVEL
- DWINDLING RESOURCES
- SETTLING OTHER WORLDS
- BOOSTED BRAINPOWER
- AI’S DOMINANCE IN OUR LIVES
- HOW CAN WE STOP ANTBIOTIC RESISTANCE?
- HOW CAN WE MANAGE EARTH’S LAND?
- DO WE NEED A DIGITAL BORDER WALL?
- HOW CAN WE PREVENT EXTREMISM?
- HOW WILL WE PRODUCE ENOUGH FOOD WITHOUT FURTHER DAMAGING THE ENVIRONMENT AS THE GLOBAL POPULATION RISES?
- YOUR OWN CHALLENGE…?
NOW CREATE A RICH PICTURE
- Create a Rich Picture before you start, and a 2nd one after 4 lessons of reading information.
- Read and listen to Academic English (CEFR B2+/ C2)
- Write and speak Academic English (CEFR B2 /C1)
- Stimulate your critical thinking, creativity and imagination when you are envisioning the future of technology and your future interaction with it;
- Use your vision of the future to begin making humane technology decisions that can help all of us move in that direction